How To Vote
In order to register, you must fulfill these requirements:
- Be a United States Citizen
- Be an Arizona Resident
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be able to write your own name, unless you cannot from a disability
- Have your civil rights restored if you were convicted of a felony
The deadline to register to vote for the August 28 primary was July 30. You can still vote in the general election if you register now.
Check your voter registration; update your address, legal name, or party affiliation, if needed: https://voter.azsos.gov/VoterView/RegistrantSearch.do
Register to vote here: https://servicearizona.com/webapp/evoter/register?execution=e3s1
2. Sign Up to Vote by Mail
- Sign up for the Permanent Early Voting List, you will receive your ballot by mail, several weeks before election day.
- Follow the online form and check the box marked “Yes, I want to automatically receive an early ballot for each election for which I am eligible.”
- Sign up for PEVL: https://servicearizona.com/webapp/evoter/register?execution=e3s1
3. Request Ballot (Independent Voters)
- Contact your local County Recorder's office to specify which ballot from which party primary you want to receive.
- Contact info of your local County Recorder's Office is at the bottom of the page.
- If you went to the polls instead, request which type of ballot you want from the Poll Worker.
- Deadline to request a ballot by mail is August 17 by 5PM.
4. Mail In Your Ballot
- Mail in your ballot by August 22 to make sure it arrives on time.
- Track your ballot here: https://voter.azsos.gov/VoterView/Home.do
5. Vote at the Polls
- Deadline for early voting is August 24.
- Election day is August 28 6am-7pm.
- Locate your polling place: https://voter.azsos.gov/VoterView/PollingPlaceSearch.do
6. Bring Valid Proof of Identity
- Current photo id (valid AZ driver license or non-operating id card; tribal id card; valid government –issued id)
- OR two pieces of non-photo id, such as a recent bank statement or utility bill.
- Check valid forms of ID here: https://azsos.gov/elections/voting-election
- If there is a question of your eligibility, you are entitled to a provisional ballot. When your eligibility is confirmed, your vote is counted.
- Check the status of your eligibility here: https://voter.azsos.gov/VoterView/Home.do
County Recorder's Offices:
Apache 928.337.7516 Maricopa 602.506.1511
Cochise 520.432.8970 Mohave 928.753.0767
Coconino 928.679.7860 Navajo 978.524.4192
Gila 928.402.8708 Pima 520.724.6830
Graham 928.428.3560 Pinal 520.866.7550
Greenlee 928.865.2632 Santa Cruz 520.375.7990
La Paz 928.669.6136 Yavapai 928.771.3250