Paid Advocacy and Research Internship - Summer 2020
Arizona Advocacy Network & Foundation is hiring a paid Advocacy and Research Intern for Summer 2020. Arizona Advocacy Network & Foundation is the premiere defender of democracy and democratic institutions in Arizona. We fight to protect and expand access to the ballot, and to ensure fair and open elections and courts by supporting Arizona’s Clean Elections and Merit Selection systems. We believe that a truly fair democracy, in which every Arizonan has a genuine ability to participate and outcomes are driven by people, not money, is essential to making Arizona a great place to live and do business.
Advocacy and Research Intern Responsibilities Include:
- Conduct comprehensive research on voting rights and fair courts advocacy projects across the nation, including rights restoration and Arizona court diversity.
- Provide support to on-going advocacy projects, including, but not limited to, strengthening Native voting rights, election protection, and voting opportunities for incarcerated individuals.
- Attend meetings of coalition partners and other stakeholders to assist in achieving shared advocacy priorities.
- Other small research projects and duties as assigned by Arizona Advocacy Network staff.
- Passionate about ensuring every Arizonan has the opportunity to engage fully in our democracy;
- Attentive to the way in which race, gender, class, immigration status, and other identities affect social institutions;
- Comfortable working independently on large-scale research projects;
- Able to communicate with diverse community members and stakeholders via email, phone, and in-person meetings;
- And committed to growing your skills in writing, communications, and research!
- All interns are paid minimum wage ($12.00/hr) for up to 20/hrs per week. We are happy to work with you to obtain college credit, but it is ultimately your responsibility to make that happen.
- Our offices are located at 221 E. Indianola Ave, Phoenix, 85012. Interns are welcome to work at our offices, remotely, or a combination of both. Work may also involve off-site meetings in the Phoenix area.
To apply please send a resume and cover letter by April 10 to email@example.com.