Arizona Advocacy Network is Hiring a Voting Rights Manager
Reports to: Executive Director
Employment Status: Part-time
Summary: The Voting Rights Manager will focus on removing barriers to voting. He/She will organize meetings with county recorders, the Secretary of State, and other offices, research and write reports focused on elections and voting in Arizona, communicate regularly with coalition partners on voting work, organize election protection volunteers, and both strategize and execute plans to enhance voter registration in Arizona.
Organizes, collaborates, researches, writes, and strategizes all activities focused on election integrity.
- Organize meetings with the Arizona Commission for Election Accountability (AzCEA) & Advisory Board to create specific election related requests for Pima, Pinal, Yuma, & Maricopa County Recorders.
- Create a documents for each of the county recorders in Pima, Pinal, Yuma, & Maricopa County that have specific election related requests.
- Organize meetings with County Recorders for Maricopa, Pima, Pinal, Yuma, & Yavapai to discuss voter registration issues and general election problems/solutions for the 2016 November election.
- Follow up with the AzCEA & Advisory Board on progress made with voter registration coordination and election integrity.
- Organize Election Protection volunteers across the state for the Nov. 8th election.
- Work closely with the Executive Director on all voting rights issues.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Basic knowledge of Arizona’s election laws
- Self-motivated, self-starter, diligent, and an efficient time manager
- Demonstrated success in working as a member of a team and developing effective working relationships with staff, board members, volunteers, and donors
- Excellent written/oral communication skills
- Demonstrated track record with respect to detail orientation and accuracy
- Computer literacy
- Personal commitment to voting rights
- Knowledge of current events
Salary: Dependent upon the qualifications of the applicant.
To Apply: Send resume and cover letter to Samantha Pstross: Samantha@AZadvocacy.org