Paid Advocacy and Research Internship - Fall 2020
Arizona Advocacy Network & Foundation is hiring a paid Advocacy and Research Intern for the Fall 2020 Semester. Arizona Advocacy Network & Foundation is the premiere defender of democracy and democratic institutions in Arizona. We fight to protect and expand access to the ballot, and to ensure fair and open elections and courts by supporting Arizona’s Clean Elections and Merit Selection systems. We believe that a truly fair democracy, in which every Arizonan has a genuine ability to participate and outcomes are driven by people, not money, is essential to making Arizona a great place to live and do business.
Advocacy and Research Intern Responsibilities Include:
- Conduct comprehensive research on voting rights advocacy projects across the nation, including rights restoration.
- Provide support to ongoing advocacy projects, including, but not limited to, strengthening Native voting rights, election protection, and voting opportunities for incarcerated individuals.
- Attend meetings of coalition partners and other stakeholders to assist in achieving shared advocacy priorities.
- Other small research projects and duties as assigned by Arizona Advocacy Network & Foundation staff.
- Passionate about ensuring every Arizonan has the opportunity to engage fully in our democracy;
- Attentive to the way in which race, gender, class, immigration status, and other identities affect social institutions;
- Comfortable working independently on large-scale research projects;
- Able to communicate with diverse community members and stakeholders via email, phone, and in-person meetings;
- And committed to growing your skills in writing, communications, and research!
- Interns are paid $15.00/hr for 15-25 hours per week. We are happy to work with you to obtain college credit, but it is ultimately your responsibility to make that happen.
- Internships will be remote until the Covid-19 pandemic has subsided and it is safe to work in person. At that point, you may work from our offices in Phoenix, remotely, or a combination of both.
To apply please send a resume and cover letter by August 14th, to firstname.lastname@example.org.