Operations and Communications Director
Arizona Advocacy Network & Foundation (AZAN/F) is hiring a permanent Operations and Communications Director to lead the strategic development of financial and operational plans and policies, and to coordinate external communications to drive pro-democracy narratives.
Who We Are
AZAN/F is devoted to defending and deepening Arizona’s commitment to democracy. We believe the cornerstones of a vibrant democracy are voting rights and meaningful access to the ballot, political decisions driven by voters instead of money, and a fair and independent judiciary. We work to tear down barriers to civic participation and to modernize outdated election rules that keep citizens from voting. We provide a consistent voice in defense of democracy at the Arizona Legislature, with elections officials, and in our communities.
AZAN/F is committed to advancing equity in our democracy by centering the voices of communities of color and other historically disenfranchised Arizonans. Strong applicants will have a demonstrated commitment to equity. AZAN/F encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status, and record of arrest or conviction.
What you’ll do:
- Working in partnership with the Executive Director, plan and lead the annual budget process.
- Advise the Executive Director and Board on matters of financial planning, budgeting, cash flow, and financial policy matters.
- Working in partnership with the Executive Director and Board, coordinate the creation of a long-term strategic plan, and implement new processes and approaches to achieve it.
- Upgrade and implement an appropriate system of personnel and financial policies and procedures.
- Plan and track fundraising efforts geared towards building a base of local, small-dollar donors.
- Develop and drive external communications plans utilizing social media, email, and direct mail to engage our supporters and promote pro-democracy narratives.
- Respond to media inquiries with relevant data and analysis, or by facilitating connections with experts inside or outside our team.
- Occasionally create materials including press releases, op-eds, and digital content.
- Collaborate with our team to support democracy reform efforts and provide all staff with a strong day-to-day leadership presence.
- Represent the organization externally, as necessary.
Who you are:
- A strong communicator with the ability to effectively interface with the Executive Director and staff, the Board, supporters, media, and coalition partners.
- Highly organized, able to work independently, and to manage multiple complex projects simultaneously from start to finish.
- Familiar with basic accounting, budgeting, and personnel practices.
- A strong mentor who prioritizes capacity-building for a team with diverse levels of expertise.
- Committed to progressive and democratic values including voting rights, people-powered democracy, racial equity, and inclusion.
- Able to thrive in new and unfamiliar settings, and to work collaboratively with diverse communities and people.
- This is a full-time position.
- Salary is commensurate with experience ranging from $60,000-$80,000.
- Health, dental, and/or vision insurance are provided via premium reimbursement.
- This position is in Phoenix, Arizona.
To apply please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Applications are due March 23, and will be reviewed on a rolling basis.