Election Protection Program Coordinator
Arizona Advocacy Network & Foundation (AZAN/F) is hiring a Program Coordinator for the 2020 election cycle to facilitate nonpartisan Election Protection (EP) efforts in coalition with other local and state partners. Learn more about the coalition and its partners at electionprotectionaz.org.
AZAN/F is committed to advancing equity in our democracy by centering the voices of communities of color and other historically disenfranchised Arizonans. Strong applicants will have a demonstrated commitment to equity. AZAN/F encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status, and record of arrest or conviction.
What you’ll do:
- Recruit, train, and manage a team of organizers to meet volunteer recruitment and capacity-building goals.
- Recruit volunteers through traditional organizing strategies like phone banking and tabling, and be creative in ways to organize in communities who have been most affected by voter disenfranchisement.
- Manage volunteer communications, data, and logistics leading up to and on Election Days.
- Keep coalition members up-to-date on your work and facilitate biweekly coalition meetings.
- Maintain program’s organization, communication, and tracking strategies.
- Plan and facilitate volunteer trainings.
- Collaborate within AZAN/F’s team and across the coalition to support voting rights advocacy and litigation efforts.
Who you are:
- Two cycles of organizing experience and at least one cycle of staff management experience is preferred.
- Experienced working with community-based coalitions.
- Attentive to the ways in which Tribal affiliation, race, gender, class, immigration status, and other identities affect access to the ballot.
- A skillful communicator and relationship builder across diverse communities.
- Exceptionally organized and able to work independently.
- Ability to speak and write Spanish is preferred, but not required.
- Experience working in Election Protection is a plus, but certainly not required.
- Salary is commensurate with experience ranging from $5000-$6000 per month. Health, dental, and/or vision insurance are provided via premium reimbursement.
- This position will be remote until the Covid-19 pandemic has subsided and it is safe to work in person. At that point, this position will be based in Arizona, with significant in-person presence in Phoenix.
- This position requires some state-wide travel, so possession of a driver’s license is necessary.
- This position is temporary and is expected to begin in April 2020 and end in December 2020.
To apply please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Applications are due April 15, and will be reviewed on a rolling basis.