Election Protection Program Director
Arizona Advocacy Network & Foundation (AZAN/F) is hiring a Program Director for the 2020 election cycle to manage our nonpartisan Election Protection (EP) efforts. We are devoted to defending and deepening Arizona’s commitment to democracy. Our vision is a truly representative political system in which all Arizonans make their voices heard. We believe the cornerstones of such a democracy include meaningful voting rights and access to the ballot, which this position will help to guarantee in the 2020 elections.
AZAN/F is committed to advancing equity in our democracy by centering the voices of communities of color and other historically disenfranchised Arizonans. Strong applicants will have a demonstrated commitment to equity. AZAN/F encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status, and record of arrest or conviction.
What you’ll do:
- Recruit and manage a robust and diverse volunteer EP program for the Presidential Preference Election, the August Primary Election, and the General Election.
- Maintain program’s organization, communication, and tracking strategies.
- Develop training materials for nonpartisan election protection.
- Manage relationships with key state and national stakeholders.
- Collaborate within AZAN/F’s team and across coalitions to support voting rights advocacy and litigation efforts.
Who you are:
- Passionate about ensuring every Arizonan has the opportunity to engage fully in our democracy.
- Attentive to the ways in which race, gender, class, immigration status, and other identities affect access to the ballot.
- Have significant experience organizing and turning out volunteers.
- A skillful communicator and relationship builder across diverse communities.
- Ability to speak and write Spanish is preferred, but not required.
- Experience working in Election Protection is a plus, but certainly not required.
- Salary is commensurate with experience ranging from $45,000-$60,000. Health, dental, and/or vision insurance are provided via premium reimbursement.
- This position is in Phoenix, Arizona.
- This position requires some statewide travel, so possession of a driver’s license is necessary.
- This position is temporary and is expected to begin in January 2020 and end in December 2020.
To apply please send a resume and cover letter by December 11, 2019, to firstname.lastname@example.org.